Spring is the best time to go out into the country and prepare aromatic kebabs, so I decided once again to go back to the marinade. In previous articles, I already told you about how to cook the delicious and proposed recipes, and now we will prepare the marinade for beef kebabs.
As practice shows, recently people, especially those who monitor their diet, fry beef kebabs, but not everyone knows how to choose the right meat itself and what is the best way to season it. Let’s take a look at these issues.
As you know, beef is a harder type of meat than pork, but it can be cooked very tasty on a fire, knowing some of the intricacies of choosing a product for this.
To make the kebab more tasty and tender, the meat of young veal should be used in preparing the dish. It cooks faster than a product from adult cows, has a pleasant aroma, is rich in many nutrients, and is much tastier than its adult competitor.
Choose tenderloin or sirloin, these are the most tender cuts. At the same time, remember that the legs of cows and veal are not suitable for barbecue, they contain tough dry meat.
If you are grilling, use marbled tenderloin with a few streaks of fat. This option is also suitable for barbecue, but in price, it is somewhat more expensive than the sirloin portion.
Beef should only be purchased chilled, one that has not been frozen. If the meat is frozen and then thawed, it will become very dry over the fire, even if you soak it in the marinade for two days.
Check out, tattoo, and touch the piece you want, don’t hesitate. The meat should not have any unpleasant odors, it should be a nice, uniform red color with no dark edges around it and should be moderately hard.
With a slight touch and pressure, it will instantly recover the structure of a new, good-quality piece. Thawed meat is characterized by the smell of moisture and the loss of the desired elastic consistency.
Plain beef kebab marinade with vinegar.
Ingredients required for 2 kg:
- 2 large onions.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- Any seasoning for kebabs (to taste, 15-25 g).
- vegetable oil – 6 tbsp.
- Vinegar (9%) – 6 tbsp.
- Sparkling mineral water – glass.
- Chop the garlic, mix with spices and rub the meat with this composition.
- Cut the onions into thick rings, put them in a bowl with the meat.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil and vinegar and dilute these ingredients with mineral water.
- We fill the pieces of meat with the resulting mixture, cover with a lid, leave the food in the room for 20 minutes, and then put them in a cool place. It will take at least 8 hours to marinate. At the same time, remember that the longer the meat remains in the brine, the softer and more tender the meat will be.
List of required products:
- Kiwi – 3 pcs.
- Lemon – 1 large or 2 smaller.
- Sunflower oil – 8 tablespoons.
- Onions – 2 heads.
- Sugar and salt – a little of each product.
- Red and black pepper – on a teaspoon without a slide.
- Beef seasoning to taste.
- Peel the onion and kiwi, and peel the lemon peel.
- Cut the onions into rings and cut the kiwi into cubes.
- Mix foods and add lemon juice from lemon and sunflower oil.
- Pour in the marinade, mix all the ingredients well, pepper, salt, and add spices, you can get a little green, as well as a spoonful of lemon peel.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 9 hours.